Wall of Chalk Ltd is a registered company no: 11342263
Corner Cottage, Charlton Road, Singleton, West Sussex PO18 0HA
Directors & proprietors: Caroline Newling & Gary Powell
Landline: 01243 811498
Check-in is from 4pm and check-out is 10am unless otherwise agreed. Please remember to leave your keys with us on departure. We would want to avoid adding the bother or cost of dealing with returning keys thereafter.
To make a reservation
A non-returnable deposit of 50% of the total cost of your booking is required to secure your reservation. Receipt of the deposit confirms agreement to the Terms and Conditions outlined within this document.
Payment of the balance for your accommodation becomes due no later than 7 days prior to the date of your arrival if you have booked a room in The Corner Cottage and four weeks prior to the date of your arrival if you have booked a stay at The Old Surgery.
Payment via BACS is preferred to Walls of Chalk Ltd:
SORT CODE: 52-41-32
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 54735556
Alternatively we are happy to receive a cheque made out to:
Walls of Chalk Ltd
c/o Newling & Powell,
If for any reason you should have to cancel your stay with us please let us know as soon as possible so that we can invite other guests.
Should your booking be cancelled, for whatever reason, every effort will be made to re-let the room(s) / annex. We reserve the right to retain the balancing payment if it is not possible to re-let and recommend that you insure against cancellation. Cancellation terms and fees are outlined below:
- Up to 7 days prior to your arrival date, no fee will be added to the deposit already received.
- Cancelation 48 hours prior to arrival date will incur an additional charge of £25.00
- Cancelation on day of stay will incur the full cost of your initial reservation to be settled within 48 hours of that same date.
All internal areas at The Corner Cottage, including The Old Surgery, are strictly non-smoking. Additionally we would ask you to take into account that other guests share external areas. In the interest of safety we are happy to provide a sand-bucket for external use, so please do ask.
Guidelines for Dog Owners
You are welcome to bring one, well-behaved, female dog over 1 yr old to stay at the The Old Surgery.
We are specific about female canine guests because Colin, the part-time Corgi, chief resident of The Corner Cottage, welcomes calm dogs of the opposite sex only. He is not relaxed about male competitors on site, and it is important that we offer you a relaxed environment to enjoy your stay.
If your dog is coming too, we would ask you please to observe the following:
- Dogs in their own beds and not on yours is much preferred, or on the sofas or any other soft furniture. Should you forget anything vital, such as dog towels, or rugs, or beds, or bags, please ask us and we will be happy to provide. If, like Colin, yours is a moulter, we would appreciate a quick vacuum before you leave.
- Dogs may only be left on their own in the The Old Surgery if they are quiet and settled, and for short periods only. Should Colin take a shine, we can always offer to host your dog in the house if you are planning a long trip out. Again, we prefer you to please ask us to help, and if we can, we will.
- Dogs that bark unduly, are aggressive to people or other animals, or cause a nuisance or distress to other guests, would be an issue. So it is important to consider carefully whether we can provide the right match.
- The gardens are used by all visitors to The Corner Cottage so all dog mess must be picked up and binned.
- Finally, please ensure that your dog has been properly treated for fleas/worms before you arrive!
In the interest of maintaining The Old Surgery as a place to enjoy for all visitors, we do make an additional charge of £15 for short breaks and £30 per full week.
In the unlikely event of any damage or unbeatable stains, we will have to ask you to kindly reimburse the cost of replacing like for like.
Vacating the Property
Should any damage or breakages have taken place during your stay, please inform us prior to your departure. We reserve the right to charge for making good or replacing items damaged or broken during your stay.
Guests are kindly asked to leave rooms and/or The Old Surgery clean and tidy upon vacating the property.
The proprietors are relieved of any liability for illness or accident occurring whilst guests are staying at The Cottage/Studio. This includes loss or damage to property or vehicles.
The proprietors reserve the right to decline accommodation requests.
During your stay, the proprietors are entitled to reasonable access to the properties.
Should the accommodation become unavailable or unsuitable for letting subsequent to confirmed booking, through any cause, the owner’s liability will be limited to the amount of any rental paid.